The City of Crystal Lake partners with Clarke Environmental for mosquito abatement services. The program monitors potential mosquito breeding sites in the Crystal Lake area and administers prehatch larvacide treatments.
Check out Clarke's new options to easily report standing water issues and/or high mosquito population levels. Report your concerns online or sign up to receive notifications on scheduled mosquito control treatments in your neighborhood.
The City of Crystal Lake's mosquito abatement program aims to:
- Monitor mosquito trap counts located throughout the community
- Conduct community-wide mosquito spraying when trap count levels are too high
- Conduct localized mosquito spraying before or during the Lakeside Festival
- Posts mosquito information on newsletters, press releases, and social media
- Decreases annoyance levels and the risk of West Nile Virus transmittal