The City of Crystal Lake offers Notary Services, free of charge, to Crystal Lake residents and business owners in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Notary Services are available during regular City Hall business hours and subject to the availability of a Notary Public within the Administration, Police, and Fire Rescue Departments.
- Individuals must present valid photo identification. Acceptable forms of identification include: State Issued Driver's License or ID, Non-Driver's ID, US Passport, and US Military ID.
- Documents must be signed in person before the Notary to certify the signature.
- Documents must be presented in English.
- Documents must include text committing the signer in some way.
- Documents must include a notary "certificate", which may appear on the document itself or on an attachment.
Notary Services Not Available
Notary Services are not available for deeds, wills and codicils, trusts, depositions, copies of passports, I-9 forms, closing and real estate documents, mortgages, and certification that a record is an original or true copy of another record.
*Notaries can refuse to notarize documents when the notary certification can be detached from the document.*