Lake Usage and Decal Requirements
The sale of Lake Usage Decals has been suspended until May 1, 2020.
In order to place your watercraft (i.e. jet skis, kayaks, inflatables, etc.) on Crystal Lake, from either a public or private launch site, the following criteria must be met:
- You must be a resident of the City of Crystal Lake, the Village of Lakewood, or reside in the Crystal Lake Park District's boundaries.
- The watercraft's registration must reflect the resident's name.
- You must purchase an Annual Lake Usage Decal at the Finance/Administration window in the Main Lobby of Crystal Lake's City Hall.
Required Information to Purchase a Decal
- Current Illinois Department of Natural Resources Watercraft Registration Card or Temporary Registration from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources
*Please note, the IDNR's website advises that IDNR Water Usage stamps are available at Crystal Lake City Hall, but they are not. Please go to Three Oaks Recreation Area, the Crystal Lake Park District, or the Crystal Lake Walmart for these stamps.*
- Valid Driver's License - Must Include Correct Name and Address
- Crystal Lake Water Registration Form
- Payment - Only Cash or Check Accepted
- Boat Launch Key
*In order to launch your boat from Crystal Lake Park District, a boat launch key is required. Crystal Lake Park District residents can acquire boat launch keys at 1 E. Crystal Lake Ave.