Current Project Update
- November 7, 2019: Mast arms for the traffic signals are scheduled to be delivered by mid-December. All signal work for vehicular and pedestrian traffic will be completed once the mast arms arrive.
- September 5, 2019: Placement of topsoil and sod should be complete the week of September 2. The new permanent traffic signals will be installed in December due to a supplier shortage and a long lead time on having the equipment delivered.
- August 29, 2019: Placement of topsoil and sod is anticipated to be completed the week of September 2.
- August 7, 2019: Paving work is complete as well as all the pavement markings except along Virginia Road. The County is requiring recessed pavement markings in this section and these cannot be installed for a minimum of 7 days after paving occurs. Placement of sod will occur in September during cooler temperatures. The permanent traffic signals will not be installed until after November 1, 2019.
- August 1, 2019: The contractor will be completing the paving work on August 2. Pavement markings will follow shortly after and restoration work as weather allows. Due to supply, the permanent traffic signals will not be installed until after November 1, 2019.
- July 24, 2019: Paving will occur on Thursday July 25 starting at 6 am on Virginia Road and then moving to Route 14. Paving is expected to continue until 7-8 pm. Expect traffic delays.
The intersection improvement of Route 14 and Virginia Road includes an addition of a second left-turn lane on Virginia Road, an addition of an eastbound right-turn lane on Route 14, an upgrade to traffic signal equipment, pedestrian accommodations, and bike lane striping along Virginia Road to Berkshire Lane.
The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) awarded the City $1.4 million in federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality funding. The Illinois Department of Transportation and McHenry County will also be financial partners.