Current Project Update
- October 17, 2019: The contractor is working to finish installing the new large box culverts this week. Watermain relocation work, placement of the curb, roadway stone, and final pavement will be done following the installation of the box culverts. Pending weather, the roadway should be open no later than October 31.
- October 10, 2019: Work to relocate the sanitary sewer is substantially complete. Installation of the new culverts commenced October 9.
- October 2, 2019: Work continues with the sanitary sewer relocation at the Dartmoor culvert location. The temporary culvert by-pass was installed last week.
- September 26, 2019: Work resumed on September 25 with the sanitary sewer relocation at the Dartmoor culvert location.
- September 24, 2019: Due to the large rain events last week, the contractor has been unable to work as the creek is very full of water. The contractor plans to be back onsite on September 25 to resume work.
- September 18, 2019: The contractor continues to work on the sanitary sewer relocation at the Dartmoor culvert location.
Crystal Creek takes water out of Crystal Lake and passes under roads through culverts. These culverts will be removed and replaced. The Culvert Improvement Project is needed because the culverts are 50-75 years old and beyond their useful life.
Residents along Riverside Drive West will need to access their homes via Country Club Road and residents along Riverside Drive East will need to access their homes via Broadway Avenue. Direct access to the Crystal Lake Country Club will not be affected.
Message boards will be placed along the roads to be closed notifying the public of the date of the road closure. Follow the City on Facebook or Twitter or sign up to receive email updates on the project.
The culverts are located along Crystal Creek at Broadway Avenue, Country Club Road, Barlina Avenue, McHenry Avenue, and Dartmoor Drive. McHenry Avenue will not be closed at the same time as Barlina Avenue and Dartmoor Drive.
Road Detour Routes
Click on a thumbnail below to see a larger version.
McHenry Avenue Detour