You can find the latest about COVID-19/Coronavirus here.
Click here for Business Assistance Programs


The City has established specific language provisions, which must be included on a final plat of subdivision or highway. Click on the links and resources, located on the right-hand column, to view a copy of the language provisions required by the City. 

Stormwater Permits

Stormwater runoff and management is regulated by City Code Chapter 595. For some construction projects and building improvements, a separate stormwater permit is required. Please contact the City Engineer if you have questions about stormwater permits.

Right-of-Way Permits 

If you are a public utility and would like to apply for a permit to conduct work in the City’s right-of-way, please use the City’s ez APP online permit system here

Traffic Studies 

As required by City Code section 575, the City of Crystal Lake requires the periodic use of private traffic engineering consultants to provide independent, unbiased evaluations of developments where traffic studies are required or deemed necessary by the City Engineer. Should a traffic study be required, one of the City’s approved traffic engineering consultants must be used.

Performance and Maintenance Sureties 

A project often includes construction of public infrastructure where a performance surety is required. Follow this link to the City code section governing development sureties. 

Please see the City’s sample language for letters of credit and bonds under "Links and Resources".