The Engineering Division is responsible for drainage, flooding, traffic, roadways, traffic signals, and street lights. 

Traffic Signal Outages

Engineering coordinates the maintenance of Traffic Signals. If you observe a traffic signal outage, please contact the Engineering Division during normal business hours or alert the Crystal Lake Police at any time by dialing 9-1-1.

Non-Residential Street Light Outage

If you notice a street light that has burned out or is not functioning in a non-residential neighborhood, such as in a shopping center or along a main line roadway, please call the Engineering Division with the following information: 

  • Location of Pole (Including Street Address)
  • Type of Material of the Pole (Wood, Concrete, Metal, etc.)
  • Length of Pole Malfunction (If Known)

The City will notify the appropriate party regarding the street light outage. If you are unsure which agency to contact, please feel free to call Engineering for assistance. 

Right-of-Way Permit

If you are a public utility, and would like to apply for a permit to conduct work in the City’s right-of-way, please use the City’s Accela online permit system. You can access the Accela permit system here. Please make sure to select Right-of-Way as the permit type. 

Here are directions on how to apply for a right-of-way permit through Accela.