Curbside Electronics Recycling Event: September 10th - 14th
- Under the Illinois Electronic Products Recycling and Reuse Act, electronics cannot be mixed with regular refuse and recycling collection.
- To help residents dispose of electronics properly, Prairieland Disposal will be conducting curbside electronics collection during the week of September 10th through September 14th.
- Residents may set out a maximum of five (5) electronic items, including a limit of one (1) TV or one (1) computer monitor. Electronics will be collected on residents' regularly scheduled collection day.
- Please contact Prairieland Disposal at (847) 381-9300 with questions regarding the Electronics Collection Event.
- A list of Acceptable and Unacceptable Items is below:
| Accepted Electronics Items
|| Items NOT Accepted
| One Television or One Computer Monitor
|| Air Conditioners
| Cell Phones, Telephones and Tablets
| CD Players
|| Battery Operated Children's Toys
| Computer Drives
|| Coffee Makers
| Cords and Cables
|| Computer Disks
| Electronics Mice and Keyboards
| Fax Machines and Printers
|| Hair Dryers and Hair Irons
| Holiday Lights
|Modems|| Liquid or Chemical Waste
| Paper Shredders
|| Microwave Ovens
| Satellite Receivers
|| Packaging Materials
|Stereos|| Smoke and Fire Detectors
| Video Game Consoles
|| Water Softeners
- Also, for a list of registered residential e-waste collection sites, please visit the IEPA’s website at http://epadata.epa.state.il.us/land/eWaste/collection-sites.asp.
Illinois E-Waste Law Fact Sheet