You can find the latest about COVID-19/Coronavirus here.

Special Events are a great way to celebrate and bring the community together! Every year, organizations in the City hold many different types of special events that require a permit, such as festivals, parades, races and charity walks, and outdoor sales. 

Special Event Permit Application 

Please submit an application and $50 fee to the Community Development Department a minimum of 14 days before the event.

Certain activities will require City Council approval, including: closing streets, using City property (except Three Oaks Recreation Area), and/or designating temporary no parking zones. Additionally, if special events require Crystal Lake Police assistance or an onsite Crystal Lake Fire Rescue ambulance, these activities will also need Council approval. 

Events at Three Oaks Recreation Area, Sidewalk Sales, Block Parties without a formal street closure, and events hosted solely by the Park District or schools' properties do not require a Special Events Permit.