This intersection improvement includes:
- Widening and resurfacing along Main Street
- Widening and resurfacing of Crystal Lake Avenue
- Installation of a permanent traffic signal
- Intersection lighting
- Streetscaping elements
The City was awarded $1.5 million in Federal Surface Transportation Program funds for this project.
Abby Wilgreen, City Engineer
Phone: (815) 356-3605
- August 15, 2018: The pre-final plans were submitted to IDOT for review on August 10. The right-of-way acquisition process is underway. Coordination with the Union Pacific Railroad and the utility companies is also underway.
- Spring/Summer 2018: Design is underway.
- February 22, 2018: IDOT has approved the preliminary plans.
- November 9, 2017: The preliminary plans have been drafted and submitted to IDOT for review. Staff has started coordinating with ComEd, Comcast, Nicor, and AT&T for utility relocation. Utility relocation is anticipated for 2018 with construction starting in 2019.
- 2017: Preliminary engineering underway.
- 2016: This project is currently in the preliminary engineering phase.