Dan Langguth, Wastewater Superintendent
Office: (815) 459-2020 ext. 4169
Fax: (815) 477-0849
Wastewater Treatment Division
The Wastewater Treatment Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of two wastewater treatment facilities.
- Combined, the facilities process an average of 4.3 million gallons of water per day or 1.6 billion gallons annually.
- This produces an effluent that not only meets, but also often out performs the National Pollution Discharge Elimination Systems (NPDES) permit requirements.
- Other functions of the Division include:
- laboratory analysis of samples required for NPDES reporting,
- plant process control,
- industrial monitoring,
- and potable water analysis.
If your school, class or group would like a tour of a wastewater treatment plant, please contact Wastewater Division Supervisor at (815) 356-3700 ext. 4168. Each year, Wastewater staff gives plant tours to over 200 students from around the local area.
Routine Inspection of Lift Stations
Routine inspections are conducted at each of the 26 sanitary sewer lift stations and three (3) storm sewer lift stations to ensure their proper operation and maintenance. A comprehensive review of each operating system is conducted to assure uninterrupted operation.
Upgrade of Lift Stations
As part of the minor capital improvement process, lift stations are renovated and updated prior to the equipment reaching the end of its service life. Updated technology is installed to maximize efficiency and prevent system failures.