The City of Crystal Lake owns and maintains all trees on parkways within the City limits of Crystal Lake. The parkway is the area of grass that is located between a City sidewalk and the roadway.
The City employs certified arborists who are trained to properly care for the City's urban forest. The City has developed a proactive approach to the treatment of diseased or infested trees.
Replacement, Trimming & Removal
- Upon request, a City arborist will evaluate the health of a parkway tree to determine if it needs to be removed and/or replaced. Factors that are taken into consideration when making this decision include:
- type of soil
- proximity to power lines
- how many of a certain type of tree are already present in the area
- Because the Streets Division maintains the parkways, no vegetation or other items are allowed on the parkway without the written consent of the City.
- It is the City’s responsibility to trim all parkway trees and to remove dead and/or diseased trees from the parkway area.
- Please call the Streets Division at (815)356-3614 if you believe a parkway tree needs to be trimmed or is in need of removal.