- Each customer is billed every month.
- Payments must be received before 5:00 p.m. on the 21st of the month to be considered on time. (If the 21st of the month falls on the weekend or a holiday, then the due date is the next business day.)
- A 20% penalty is applied to the unpaid balance on the account after the due date. Failure to receive a bill does not exempt you from a late fee.
- To ensure that no penalties are assessed against your account, sign up for the City’s Direct Debit Payment Program. Click here for payment options.
A past due notice is sent out for balances 30 days past due over $100.00 after penalties are applied. This is due the 1st of the month.
- A shut-off notice is placed on the residence if the past due notice is not paid for balances in excess of $100.00 or more that are 60 days past due.
- If the shut-off notice is not paid in full by 5:00 p.m. on the due date, the water service will be terminated as soon as possible.
- If water is terminated for failure to pay, a $100.00 reinstatement fee will be assessed to the account and must be paid in addition to the shut-off amount for service to be reconnected.
- Water will not be turned back on until payment is made in full at City Hall (100 W. Woodstock Street).
- An adult 18 years or older must be on the premises before service can be resumed.
- Water will not be turned back on after office hours. City Hall is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Failure to receive a past due notice or monthly bill does not excuse the reinstatement fee.
- A $35.00 service charge is applied per item that is returned and not honored by our bank.
- Each account is then subject to immediate shut-off.