To qualify to register to vote in McHenry County you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be a resident at your current McHenry County address for 30 days preceeding the next election.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age on or before the date of the next election.
Two forms of identification are required to register vote.
Proof of your identity, such as your:
- Driver’s license
- State ID card
- University photo ID
- Proof of your IL residence, such as your current:
- Utility bill
- Pay check
- Check Book/Bank Statement
- Piece of mail
- Items brought in to prove your IL residency must have your name on it.
- Persons born outside of the United States need to:
- Bring in proof of Naturalization OR
- Know the date, place and court of Naturalization.
Voter Registration Locations:
- City of Crystal Lake
100 W Woodstock Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Hours: Monday – Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
- McHenry County Government Center
McHenry County Clerk’s Office
2200 N Seminary Avenue
Woodstock, IL 60098
*Other locations throughout McHenry County offer voter registration