Special Events are a great way to celebrate and bring the community together! Every year, organizations in the City hold many different types of special events, requiring a permit including:
- 5K Races and Charity Walks
- Outdoor Sales
However, some types of events do not need a Special Event permit:
- Events at Three Oaks Recreation Area (please contact Three Oaks Recreation Area for approval)
- Events wholly on school or park district property
- Sidewalk Sales (see Application for Sidewalk Sales)
- Block Parties that don't have a formal street closure (see the Block Party Application)
Special Event Permit Application
- Please submit an application and $50 fee to the Community Development Department a minimum of 14 days before the event.
- Some types of activities associated with special events require City Council approval, including:
- Street closures or use of City property (except Three Oaks Recreation Area)
- Use of Crystal Lake Police assistance or having a Crystal Lake Fire Rescue ambulance on-site
- Designating temporary no parking zones.
If you have questions or would like more information on Special Event Permits, please contact Sharon Doruff at 815-356-3605 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.