More »


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

IntersectionThe Engineering Division is responsible for:

  • drainage

  • flooding

  • traffic

  • roadways

  • traffic signals

  • street lights

Traffic Signal Outages

  • Engineering is responsible for coordinating the maintenance of Traffic Signals.
  • If you observe a traffic signal outage, please contact Engineering during normal business hours at (815) 356-3605, or you can alert the Crystal Lake Police at any time by dialing 911.

Residential Street Light Outage

Non-Residential Street Light Outage

  • If you notice a street light that has burned out or is not functioning in a non-residential neighborhood, such as in a shopping center or along a main line roadway, please call Engineering at (815) 356-3605 with the following information:
    • Location of Pole, including street address
    • Type of material of the pole (wood, concrete, metal, etc.)
    • Description of how the light is acting (is it blinking, completely burned out, etc.)
    • The length of time the light has been malfunctioning, if known.
  • The City will notify the appropriate party regarding the street light outage. If you are unsure which agency to contact, please feel free to call Engineering for assistance. 

Right-of-Way Permits

  • If you are a public utility, and would like to apply for a permit to conduct work in the City’s right-of-way, please use the City’s Accela online permit system. You can access the Accela permit system at