What is MCRide?
The dial-a-ride services in McHenry County have been combined into one coordinated service called MCRide.
Who Do I Call?
Call 800-451-4599 to schedule a ride. Select "McHenry County" from the automated prompt and a live person will help you schedule a ride. Always make sure to schedule your return trip at the same time as your original trip. Seniors and individuals with a disability can reserve trips up to seven days in advance. The general public (everyone else) can reserve their trips 24 hours in advance.
When Can I Ride?
MCRide operates according to the schedule below. There is no service on Sunday or Holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).
|Monday - Friday
|| 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM
|Saturday|| 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
|| No Service
How Much is a Ride?
MCRide has a distance based fare structure, which means you pay a base fare for the first five miles plus $0.25 for each additional mile. When you call to make a trip reservation, the Call Center will tell you how much your fare will be. Please have exact change, the bus drivers do not carry change.
||First 5 Miles
||Each Additional Mile
| General Public
| Senior (60+)
| Individual with a Disability
All Individuals (general public) are eligible to travel to and from the following locations (these are the green areas on the map and do not need to be contiguous):
- City of Crystal Lake
- City of Harvard
- City of Marengo
- City of McHenry
- City of Woodstock
- Village of Huntley (including Kane County)
- Village of Johnsburg
- Village of Ringwood
- Marengo Township
- Riley Township
- Fox Lake Metra Station
- Valley Hi Nursing Home
- McHenry County Division of Transportation
- Park-and-Ride in Lake in the Hills
- Within three-quarters of a mile of:
- Route 120 between Woodstock and McHenry
- Route 14 between Woodstock and Crystal Lake
- Route 31 between Crystal Lake and McHenry
Seniors (60+) and people with disabilities are eligible for trips to and from these additional locations (these are green and yellow areas on the map and do not need to be contiguous):
- Dorr Township
- Grafton Township
- Greenwood Township
- Nunda Township
- McHenry Township
What Else Should I know?
- Individuals 60 years and older are eligible for the senior fare.
- Up to two children 7 years or younger can ride for free per fare paying adult.
- Transfers will be allowed from the fixed bus routes only (routes 806, 807, 808, and 550 for example)
- Transfer cards will no longer be sold on the MCRide dial-a-ride service. Transfers will continue to be sold of the fixed bus routes.
- Pace passes and the Ventra app are not accepted on MCRide.
- To reserve a ride on this service call 800-451-4599 or (TTY) 888-847-0093, Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (for Saturday service only).
- For questions or comments about this service, call the McHenry County Division of Transportation at 815-334-4981. An online form is also available.
- Formal service compliments and complaints may be registered through Pace's Customer Relations at 800-606-1282 or (TTY) 847-364-5093.