|WHAT ARE WE DOING|
- February 8, 2018: City staff met with residents of all the Crystal Vista Areas for a final check-in. View the presentation slides.
- January 22, 2018: Letters were mail to all the residents in the study area inviting them to the open house.
- August 29, 2017: City staff met with property owners. Meeting minutes are here.
- August 1, 2017: Letters were mailed to all residents in the study area inviting them to the open house.
- July 18, 2017: City Council presentation to review the stakeholder engagement process to review and refine improvements to reduce the risk of flooding.
- June/July 2017: City experienced successive and excessive rain events leading to the total rainfall for June and July of almost 20 inches, over double the normal average.
March 2009: A flooding study was completed which helped determine the causes of the flooding and conceptual solutions.
August 2007: Successive rain events led to Crystal Lake receiving between 11 and 12 inches of rainfall which produced the highest lake level ever recorded and areas around the lake experienced significant flooding.
- Many of these homes were initially built in the 1920s and 1930s as summer cottages and three-season homes.
- As the demand for year-round homes in Crystal Lake grew, more homes were converted to year-round residences.
- In the late 1960s, the residents of this area annexed into Crystal Lake and water main and sanitary sewer services were extended throughout.
- Curb and gutter with a storm sewer system does not exist throughout this area. The drainage is conveyed through ditches.
Please don't forget to include your name, address, and phone number so the City can get back to you. Pictures are appreciated, but the City can't receive emails with a total of over 10 MB of attachments.