Welcome to the City of Crystal Lake. We are happy that you have chosen Crystal Lake as your new home. It is our hope that this information will ensure that you are aware of the City services available to you and help create a smooth transition to your new home and community.
- The emergency telephone number for police, ambulance, and fire rescue is 911. For non-emergency calls, you may call the Police Department directly at 815-356-3620 and the Fire Rescue Department at 815-356-3640. The main telephone number for all City Departments is 815-459-2020.
- The Municipal Complex is located at 100 W. Woodstock Street, Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014. The normal business hours for City Hall are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- City Ordinance requires that a vehicle sticker be displayed within 30 days after establishing residency for each car owned, or within two weeks after purchasing a new vehicle. Vehciles stickers can be purchased from the Finance Department. For more information, please contact the Finance Department at 815-459-2020.
- The City's Refuse, Recycling and Yard Waste contractor for residential collection is MDC Environmental Services, Inc. MDC provides weelkly curbside collection of household garbage and recylables, including collection of one (1) bulk item per week. Please contact MDC Environmental Services, Inc. to set-up an account for refuse service by calling 815-568-7274. For more information, please visit the City's Refuse, Recycling & Yard Waste page.
- To establish water/sewer service, please contact Water Billing at 815-459-2020. When setting up your service, be sure to inquire about the Direct Debit Program.
- Building, electrical, and plumbing permits are issued by the Building Division. The Building Division can be reached directly at 815-356-3605. The Building Division is also responsible for enforcing the City's building codes, housing, pollution control, fire codes, and related regulations.
- Parking on City streets is prohibited from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. year-round.
- The City publishes a seasonal newsletter that you will receive in the mail or it can be viewed on the City's website by clicking here.
- Crystal Lake Water/Sewer Service
New residents must establish water and sewer service by calling Water Billing at 815-459-2020.
Nicor gas service is established by calling 1-888-642-6748.
Commonwealth Edison (ComEd) service is established by calling 1-800-334-7661.
- Telephone, Cable & Internet
AT&T can be reached at 1-800-288-2020.
Comcast can be reached at 1-866-594-1234.
Further information regarding City services can be found on the City's website. We hope you find Crystal Lake a very "Good Place to Live" and look forward to serving you. We are happy to answer any additional questions you may have. Please do not hesitate to give us a call.