Peterson House

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Peterson House (The Big House)
200 West Woodstock Street

The Big House (Peterson) was constructed in 1907 by former Crystal Lake Mayor John A. Peterson and his brother Lou Peterson. The home was constructed on the 127.5-acre Peterson Estate that was owned by the Peterson family and farmed with cucumber crops. The Peterson family revived the former Crystal Lake Pickling and Preserving Works Company that was closed in late 1870s. The Peterson family contributed positively to the economic, political, and physical growth of City of Crystal Lake throughout the late 1800s and early 1900s. The existing structure generally represents the Victorian style of architecture.