Annual Fall Leaf Pick-up Program
- Begins on the first Monday in October and ends on the second Friday in December.
- Prairieland Disposal is responsible for the Annual Leaf Pick-Up Program. Prairieland crews will collect bagged leaves placed at the curbside in front of all residents’ homes along public streets.
- Bags must be placed on the parkway before 7:00 a.m. on resident's regular refuse collection day.
- Leaves must be placed in biodegradable paper bags in order to be collected. Paper leaf bags are available at local grocery and hardware stores. Neither the City nor Prairieland Disposal provides leaf bags.
- There is a 50-pound maximum per bag. Be aware that wet leaves will add to the weight of the bag. Leaves placed in other containers such as plastic bags, garbage cans or boxes, or in bags too large for one person to handle, cannot be accepted.
Questions regarding the Leaf Pick-Up Program can be directed to Prairieland Disposal at (847) 381-9300.