Andrew Resek, Water & Sewer Division Superintendent
Office: (815) 356-3614
Fax: (815) 356-3697
Current Water System Status
- YELLOW – Lawn and landscape watering is permitted on odd/even days between the hours of 5:00-8:00 a.m. and 6:00-9:00 p.m. Property addresses ending in odd numbers shall be permitted to use water on odd numbered calendar days and even numbered addresses on even numbered days.
Water System Status Program
Conserving Water by Reducing Peak Demands
- Due to increasing pressure on the area’s ground water supplies, especially in Grafton & Algonquin Townships, it is very important for our City to establish a water conservation plan.
- To help reduce our City’s peak water system demands, the Public Works Department has implemented a water conservation plan as part of a long-term effort to promote conservation in order to preserve this precious resource.
- The City has implemented a color-coded water regulation program, which is used by many of our surrounding communities.
Outside Water Usage Program
Outdoor use of water from a connection to the City’s public water supply is prohibited.
Lawn and landscape watering is permitted on odd/even days between the hours of 5-8 a.m. and 6-9 p.m. Property addresses ending in odd numbers shall be permitted to use water on odd numbered calendar days and even numbered addresses on even numbered days.
||Lawn and landscape watering is permitted between the hours of 5-8 a.m. and 6-9 p.m. There are NO restrictions for other outdoor use of water.|
- Questions concerning the City’s Water Conservation Plan should be directed to the Water Division at (815) 356-3614.
- Water is one of the area’s greatest resources, but there is a finite supply available. As the City’s population grows the water supply remains the same. It is important for residents of Crystal Lake to conserve their water resources, especially in times of high demand and limited rainfall. The following information can be used by consumers as a means to learn of new ways to limit their daily water consumption.