Andrew Resek, Water & Sewer Division Superintendent
Office: (815) 356-3614
Fax: (815) 356-3797
Water Division: Cross Connection Program Regulations
City ordinance and State regulations are designed to protect public health by preventing the back flow of contaminated water or industrial processes into the public water supply.
- Residents with lawn sprinkler systems must install a backflow prevention device (RPZ valve) at their homes. Installation of such devices helps protect the public water supply from contaminants or pollutants that could backflow through service connections into the public water supply.
- RPZ valves must be installed by a licensed plumber and certified by a plumber with an IEPA Cross-Connection Control Device Inspector License (CCCDI) on an annual basis.
- These annual test reports must be faxed, emailed or mailed to the City's Public Works Department.
- In addition to single-family homes with lawn irrigation systems, many businesses, apartment buildings, offices and other establishments are also required to install backflow prevention devices.
- For questions regarding the installation of an RPZ valve in a residence or regarding requirements for businesses, please contact the City's plumbing inspector in the Building Department at (815) 356-3605.
Backflow Device Inspection & Reporting Policy
All Backflow Devices within the City of Crystal Lake are required per the Backflow Prevention Device code to be inspected, tested and maintained on an annual basis. The purpose of these inspections is to ensure the safety of the public water supply system.
Effective August 1, 2018:
- The City of Crystal Lake has contracted with BRYCER, LLC to help manage the Backflow Device inspection, testing and maintenance program. All plumbers who perform inspection, testing and maintenance services of Backflow Devices are required to electronically submit all compliant and non-compliant reports via www.TheComplianceEngine.com
- There will be a filing fee of $12 per device. There is no fee to register the plumbing company with The Compliance Engine. Registration can be done with The Compliance Engine at www.TheComplianceEngine.com.
- Please contact BRYCER, LLC for any training/support related questions at 1-855-279-2371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org