Massage Establishment Business License
The City of Crystal Lake is in the process of creating a business license for massage establishments. Please see the draft ordinance and application in the links below.
The Planning & Economic Development Division is part of the Community Development Department.
The services we provide are:
- Economic Development
- Maintain www.crystallakeretail.com which lists an inventory of the available properties in Crystal Lake
- Proactively search for new commercial, restaurant and industrial businesses to locate in the City
- Oversee the incentives programs
- Development / Zoning Applications
- Assist developers and property owners as they pursue zoning approvals
- Review of projects to ensure compliance with design standards and the ordinances
- Shepherd projects through the Planning and Zoning and City Council public meetings and approvals
- Permit Reviews
- Review homeowner requests for home occupations, additions, accessory structures, etc.
- Work closely with the Building Division to ensure projects comply with zoning requirements
- Social Media
- Staff maintains the I Shop Crystal Lake Twitter and Facebook accounts that promote local businesses and deals
- Crystal Lake CRE is our commercial real estate Twitter that promotes sites and activity for economic development
- Ordinance and Land Use Plan Updates
- Annual review of the ordinances
- Amending the Land Use Plan to properly plan for future growth and development