City of Crystal Lake residents are required to display a current City Vehicle sticker. A current City Vehicle sticker must be displayed:
- Within 30 days after moving into the City or within 15 days after purchasing a motor vehicle.
- Vehicle stickers expire annually on June 30th.
- New stickers are available for purchase each year beginning on June 1st.
Only vehicles registered in the City of Crystal Lake are eligible for Crystal Lake vehicle stickers.
Funds from the sale of vehicle stickers are used to pay for the City’s annual Street Resurfacing and Construction Program.
City of Crystal Lake Vehicle Stickers provide parking access to Three Oaks Recreation Area free of charge for Crystal Lake residents.
Vehicle Sticker Pricing:
|Vehicle|| Through 7/15
|| After 7/16
|| After 10/1
| Passenger & B Plated Vehicles
| Motorcycles & Mopeds
| RV Plates
| Trucks with D Plates
| All Others
| Senior Citizens* (65 and older)
* One vehicle license will be issued to each senior citizen at the reduced rate. Proof of age is required.
**Transfer License for New Vehicle - $0.50 with return of old vehicle sticker.
How Do I Purchase a Vehicle Sticker?:
- Vehicle sticker renewal notices are mailed to residents annually at the end of May.
- If your renewal notice does not contain information pertaining to the vehicle you currently own:
- Please correct any errors or missing information.
- Return the notice to the City along with a copy of the Illinois vehicle registration and a copy of the vehicle owner's driver's license.
- 2018-19 Vehicle Stickers are available at City Hall during normal business hours beginning on June 1, 2018.
- There are four ways to purchase vehicle stickers:
- The completed application, fee and proof of ownership (if applicable), may be returned to the City in person at City Hall, Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- On-line by clicking here. You will need to enter the on-line purchase pin from your application to purchase online.
- Via U.S. mail to:
City of Crystal Lake
Attn: Finance Department
100 W Woodstock St
PO Box 597
Crystal Lake, IL 60039-0597
- Satellite Locations:
- Passenger (PAS) and Senior (SRPAS) Vehicle Stickers with no changes to the pre-printed information on the renewal notice are available at these locations from June 1 through July 16, 2018.
- A convenience fee may apply:
| Satellite Location
| American Community Bank
|| 381 S. Main Street
| Crystal Lake Public Library
|| 126 W. Paddock Street
| First Midwest Bank
|| 170 N. IL Route 31
| Home Depot
|| 4447 U.S. Route 14
|Jewel|| 6140 U.S. Route 14
| Julie Ann's Frozen Custard
|| 6500 U.S. Route 14
Lloyd's Paint and Paper
| 73 N. Williams Street
|Menards|| 4850 U.S. Route 14
|Walgreens|| 151 W. U.S. Route 14
| West Suburban Currency Exchange
|| 3 Crystal Lake Plaza