Annually, Engineering evaluates the surface condition of all City maintained streets to identify and prioritize roads that need maintenance. In addition, the street resurfacing program must also be kept within the constraints of the City’s established budget for this program.
Once a fiscally responsible program has been developed, the program is put out for competitive bid. The program is usually developed over the winter, with bidding in the early spring and construction occurring in early to midsummer.
Once a road has been resurfaced, the surface is expected to have a life of about twenty years. However, there are several variables that can affect the life expectancy of a road, including amount of traffic that drives on it, the type of soil beneath the road, and weather conditions.
Project Contact: Jason MacNally, Engineering and Building Inspector
Cell Phone: (815) 790-6948
2017 Street Resurfacing Program:
- July 19, 2017: The manhole adjustments are complete for the streets around Central High School. The first layer of asphalt on Pingree Road was complete on July 19. The first layer of asphalt in the Wyndmuir subdivision is complete. The pavement has been removed for Terra Cotta Road. The contractor anticipates starting the final layer of asphalt for the streets around Central High School next week.
- July 12, 2017: The contractor will finish the final layer of asphalt in the Coventry subdivision on July 13. The first layer of asphalt is complete for the streets around Central High School with manhole adjustments starting in this area. Work along Pingree Road started. Pavement removals around the Wyndmuir subdivision will start on July 13.
- June 28, 2017: The contractor completed removals and placement of the first layer of asphalt in the Coventry subdivision. This same work started on the streets around Central High School and will continue into next week. Manhole adjustments will start in the Coventry subdivision next week as well.
- June 21, 2017: The contractor started pavement removals in the Coventry subdivision on June 21.
- June 7, 2017: The paving contractor anticipates starting on June 26.
- March 21, 2017: The bid was awarded to Geske and Sons by the City Council.
- February 22, 2017: Bids were opened for the 2017 Street Resurfacing Program. The low bidder was Orange Crush, who subsequent to the bid opening, withdrew their bid. (Bid Tab)
|2017 Street Resurfacing Program|
|Arrowhead Lane||Indian Hill Trail||Burning Bush Trail|
|Burning Bush Trail||Walkup Road||East End|
|Cardiff Drive||North End||South End|
|Compost Drive||Main Street||Railroad ROW|
|Deer Run||Arrowhead Lane||Tomahawk Lane|
|Denton Court||Aberdeen Drive||Surrey Lane|
|Dolle Lane||Pomeroy Street||West End|
|East Street||Prairie Street||Crystal Lake Ave.|
|Elm Street||Ash Street||South End|
|Esther Street||Walkup Avenue||East End|
|Franklin Avenue||Walkup Avenue||Williams Street|
|Hull Lane||Dartmoor Drive||Surrey Lane|
|Lill Avenue||College Avenue||Wallace Avenue|
|Lincoln Parkway||Crystal Lake Ave.||Woodstock Street|
|Maple Street||Ash Street||Crystal Lake Ave|
|Marhill Court||Dole Avenue||East End|
|Newcastle Court||Dartmoor Drive||Dartmoor Drive|
|Old Westbury Court||Old Westbury Road||North End|
|Old Westbury Road||Terra Cotta Road||Glenbrook Road|
|Pingree Road||Railroad Tracks||North City Limits|
|Pomeroy Street||Ash Street||Crystal Lake Ave.|
|Rosedale Avenue||McHenry Avenue||Wallace Avenue|
|Seybrooke Lane||Terra Cotta Road||East End|
|Short Street||East Street||East End|
|South Street||College Avenue||Wallace Avenue|
|Surrey Lane||Cardiff Drive||Abbington Drive|
|Terra Cotta Road||Dakota Street||Nunda Trail|
|Tomahawk Lane||Deer Run||Burning Bush Trail|
|Various Alleys||North of Downtown; Near Ester|
|Walkup Avenue||Franklin Avenue||South End|
|Wallace Avenue||Franklin Avenue||Union Street|
|Wyndmuir Court||Wyndmuir Drive||West End|
|Wyndmuir Drive||Seybrooke Lane||Terra Cotta Road|