Annually, Engineering evaluates the surface condition of all City maintained streets to identify and prioritize roads that need maintenance. In addition, the street resurfacing program must also be kept within the constraints of the City’s established budget for this program.
Once a fiscally responsible program has been developed, the program is put out for competitive bid. The program is usually developed over the winter, with bidding in the early spring and construction occurring in early to midsummer.
Once a road has been resurfaced, the surface is expected to have a life of about twenty years. However, there are several variables that can affect the life expectancy of a road, including amount of traffic that drives on it, the type of soil beneath the road, and weather conditions.
Project Contact: Jason MacNally, Engineering and Building Inspector
Cell Phone: (815) 790-6948
2016 Street Resurfacing Program:
- October 5, 2016: The contractor will be working on the punch list items which include the removal and replacement of Oxford Lane due to the poor pavement placement.
- September 28, 2016: The resurfacing program will be substantially complete on September 29.
- September 21, 2016: Placement of the final layer of asphalt continues. The placement of pavement markings will start next week.
- September 14, 2016: All pavement removals are complete and the first layer of asphalt is complete on all roadways. Placement of the final layer of asphalt continues. The placement of pavement markings will start next week. The contractor is on schedule to have the program complete by the completion date of September 30.
- September 7, 2016: The contractor started removing pavement and paving in the Country Club area.
- August 31, 2016: The pavement was removed and the first layer placed on Washington Street. The manhole lids were raised on Washington Street, King Street and Florence Street with the final paving scheduled for September 2. The contractor will start pavement removal in the Country Club area on September 1.
- August 24: 2016: The contractor will continue working on August 26.
- August 17, 2016: The contractor continues pavement milling and placing asphalt.
- August 10, 2016: The contractor continues pavement milling and placing asphalt.
- August 3, 2016: The contractor started pavement milling and placing of the first layer of asphalt. Work will continue with pavement removal and asphalt placement.
- July 29, 2016: The contractor started pavement removal along the streets west of the Lake. Pavement removal will continue and placement of asphalt will also start.
- July 20, 2016: The contractor lowered all the manhole frames and lids so the pavement could be removed. Pavement removal is expected to start in the next few weeks.
- June 29, 2016: The contractor plans to be onsite next week. They will be starting on roadways in the area west of the lake. This project will not be affected by the lack of a state budget.
- June 22, 2016: The contractor may be onsite next week. They will be starting on roadways in the west end.
- April 4, 2016: The City Council awarded the contract to Arrow Road.
- February 9,2016: Bids were opened for the 2016 Street Resurfacing Program. The low bidder was Arrow Road. (Bid Tab)
|2016 Street Resurfacing Program|
Golf Course Road
|Ballard Road||Briarwood Road||Pauline Avenue|
|Bennington Drive||Augusta Drive||Amberwood Drive|
|Briarwood Circle||Briarwood Road||Butternut Drive|
|Broadway Avenue (eastbound lane)||Country Club Road||Meridian Street|
|Butternut Drive||West City Limits||Briarwood Road|
|Concord Drive||Windslow Drive||High School Access Road|
|Country Club Road||Lake Avenue||Wedgewood Drive|
|Cumberland Lane||Country Club Road||Broadway Avenue|
|Essex Lane||Country Club Road||Broadway Avenue|
|Florence Street||Virginia Street||Pierson Street|
|Goldenrod Court||Wedgewood Drive||end|
|Heather Drive||Gardina Lane||Mulberry Lane|
|Heather Drive||Butternut Drive||Bunker Lane|
|Iris Court||Wedgewood Drive||end|
|King Street||Virginia Street||Pierson Street|
|Lake Avenue||Country Club Road||City Limits|
|Lake Court||Leonard Parkway||End|
|Lakeside Avenue||Country Club Road||Broadway Avenue|
|Lakeview Drive||Wedgewood Drive||Huntley Road|
|Leonard Parkway||Lake Shore Drive||End|
|Melrose Lane||Country Club Road||Broadway Avenue|
|Meridian Street||Country Club Road||Broadway Avenue|
|Monterey Drive||Brentwood Drive||McHenry Avenue|
|Oriole Trail||Crystal Lake Avenue||Rockland Drive|
|Oxford Lane||Country Club Road||Broadway Avenue|
|Park Lane||Leonard Parkway||End|
|Riverside Drive East||Country Club Road||Lake Avenue|
|Riverside Drive West||Country Club Road||Broadway Avenue|
|Washington Street||Virginia Street||Lake Street|
|Wedgewood Drive||Boneset Dr||Eastern Court|
|Windsor Drive||Dartmoor Drive||Golf Course Road|
|Woodmar Drive||Cress Creek Lane||Monterey Drive|