This intersection improvement includes:
- Addition of a second left-turn lane on Virginia Road
- Additional of an eastbound right-turn lane on Route 14
- Upgrade the traffic signal equipment
- Pedestrian accommodations at the intersection where feasible
- Bike lane striping along Virginia Road to Berkshire Lane
Abigail Wilgreen, City Engineer
Phone: (815) 356-3605
- August 15, 2018: The pre-final plans were submitted to IDOT for review on August 10.
- May 1, 2018: IDOT granted approval for the Phase I Design. Design engineering is underway.
- October 25, 2017: The City held a design coordination kick-off meeting with McHenry County.
- October 11, 2017: The City was awarded $1.4 million in federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) funding by the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP).
- June 28, 2017: The City selected Baxter and Woodman as the Phase II Design Engineering consultant.
- May 2, 2017: The City and McHenry County entered into an agreement to share a portion of the cost of the intersection improvement.
- May 16, 2017: A presentation was made to the City Council about the project. The presentation slides can be seen here.
- May 11, 2017: The project will be presented at the May 16, 2017 City Council Meeting at 7:30 PM at City Hall. Time will be made for public comment about the improvement.The meeting agenda is available here.
- Winter/Spring 2017: Preliminary engineering is underway.