This project will reconstruct North Main Street between IL Route 176 and Prairie Street, resurface North Main Street between Prairie Street and the railroad tracks, add a new traffic signal, improve the channelization at the Route 176 and North Main Street intersection, and improve the water main and storm sewer in the area. The City has received $1.5 million in Federal Surface Transportation Program funds for the construction of this project.
Project Contact: Abigail Wilgreen, City Engineer
Phone: (815) 356-3605
- January 30, 2018: Responses to comments from Open House Public Meeting on November 7, 2017 were completed. The responses can be viewed here.
- November 7, 2017: The City hosted an open house for the improvement. A brochure and exhibit were made available at the meeting. The public can also submit comments about the project until December 1, 2017 to MainStreetProject@hlreng.com or by filling out this form.
- October, 18, 2017: The City will host an open house for the improvement on November 7, 2017 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM at City Hall.
- July 18, 2017: A presentation about the status of the project was given to the City Council.
- October 20, 2015: The engineering firm of Hampton, Lenzini and Renwick was approved to start the preliminary engineering. Preliminary engineering was started and continues into 2016.
- 2014: The City is currently coordinating with IDOT regarding the intersection of IL 176 and Main Street.