The Engineering Division is responsible for:
- traffic signals
- street lights
Traffic Signal Outages
- Engineering is responsible for coordinating the maintenance of Traffic Signals.
- If you observe a traffic signal outage, please contact Engineering during normal business hours at (815) 356-3605, or you can alert the Crystal Lake Police at any time by dialing 911.
Street Light Outages
Residential Street Light Outage
- If you notice a street light that has burned out or is not functioning in a residential neighborhood, please notify ComEd of the outage by clicking on this link and entering in the requested information - https://secure.comed.com/MyAccount/MyService/Pages/RequestStreetLightMaintenance.aspx
Non-Residential Street Light Outage
- If you notice a street light that has burnt out or is not functioning in a non-residential neighborhood, such as in a shopping center or along a main line roadway, please call Engineering at (815) 356-3605 with the following information:
- Location of Pole, including street address
- Type of material of the pole (wood, concrete, metal, etc.)
- Description of how the light is acting (is it blinking, completely burned out, etc.)
- The length of time the light has been malfunctioning, if known.
- The City will notify the appropriate party regarding the street light outage. If you are unsure which agency to contact, please feel free to call Engineering for assistance.
- If you are a public utility, and would like to apply for a permit to conduct work in the City’s right-of-way, please use the City’s Accela online permit system. You can access the Accela permit system at https://aca3.accela.com/CRYSTALLAKE/Default.aspx.