Special Events are a great way to celebrate and bring the community together! Every year, organizations in the City hold many different types special events including:
- 5K Races and Charity Walks
- Outdoor Sales
To ensure that these events and properly planned to protect the general health, safety, and welfare of the public, the City requires that all special events secure a Special Events permit.
However, some types of events do not need a Special Event permit:
- Events at Three Oaks Recreation Area (please contact Three Oaks Recreation Area for approval)
- Events wholly on school or park district property
- Sidewalk Sales (see Application for Sidewalk Sales)
- Block Parties that don't have a formal street closure (see the Block Party Application)
In order to secure a Special Event Permit, please submit an application as well as an application fee of $50 to the Community Development Department a minimum of 14 days before the event. However, special event organizers are encouraged to submit their applications much sooner than this.
Some types of activities associated with special events require City Council approval. These include:
- Street Closures or Use of City Property (except Three Oaks Recreation Area)
- Use of Crystal Lake Police details or having a Crystal Lake Fire Rescue ambulance on-site
- Designating temporary no parking zones.
Once the Special Event Permit is approved, the approval and conditions will be sent to the applicant. Please read all the conditions; some require additional action on the applicant's part. Failure to comply with all condition could result in the revocation of the Special Event Permit or denial of future permits.
If you have questions or would like more information on Special Event Permits, please contact Jeff Mawdsley at 815-356-3605 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.