The City conducts property maintenance inspections to promote a safe environment while maintaining a high quality of life. We work closely with all residents to bring into compliance any properties that do not meet the standards of the City’s Ordinances.
If you’d like to report a property maintenance questions, please contact the Building Division at 815-356-3605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicles and trailers cannot be parked, kept, or stored on any premises.
Portable Storage Containers and Roll-off Dumpsters:
- Crystal Lake does not issue permits for portable storage containers or roll-off dumpsters on private property.
Weeds and Grass:
- Property is to be maintained so that grass and weeds do not exceed eight inches.
- In the event the grass or weeds exceed twelve inches, the City has the authority to cut the weeds and grass at the property owner's expense.
- Anything stored outdoors must be maintained in a neat, orderly fashion.
- Nothing may be stored in the front yard or within five feet of any lot line, including items such as grills and children’s play equipment.
- RVs, Boats, and Trailers under 11 feet tall and 25 feet long may be parked in a residential driveway.
- Anything over those dimensions can be parked in a side or back yard on an approved surface.
Please contact the Building Division at (815) 356-3605 or email@example.com for additional information.