|2018 Building Code Update|
The City of Crystal Lake last had a significant update in its building codes in 2008, when it adopted the 2006 International Code Council codes. The City has been reviewing various updates that have been published by the ICC and other agencies since that time, and is proposing an update to most building codes to the 2018 ICC codes.
The updated codes represent the most current advances in life safety building codes. The City is also taking the opportunity to repeal amendments that are outdated and ineffective.
The City is planning two open house sessions to present the proposed code changes and to gather feedback from the public and the building community about the changes. The open houses are scheduled for February 28 and March 13.
Here is some detailed information about the code update:
- Agenda Supplement for the February 20, 2018 City Council Meeting
- Presentation to the City Council at the February 20, 2018 meeting
- Draft Ordinance Adopting the 2018 International Building Code
- Draft Ordinance Adopting the 2019 International Existing Building Code
- Draft Ordinance Adopting the 2017 National Electrical Code
- Draft Ordinance Adopting the 2018 International Fire Code
- Draft Ordinance Adopting the 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- Draft Ordinance Adopting the 2018 International Mechanical Code
- Draft Ordinance Adopting the 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- Draft Ordinance Adopting the 2018 Residential Code
Here is the proposed timeline for adopting the updated codes:
|February 20, 2018||City Council Meeting - Introduce 2018 ICC Building Code Information|
|February 22, 2018||Information posted on City Website|
|February 28, 2018||Open House Meeting, 4:00 PM, City Hall|
|March 13, 2018||Open House Meeting, 4:00 PM, City Hall|
|March 20, 2018||City Council meeting to consider adoption|
|November 1, 2018||2018 Codes go into effect.|
|Give Your Feedback|
If you are not able to make it to one of the open houses, you can also contact Michael Magnussen, Building Commissioner, at 815-356-3605 or at email@example.com.