Mayor and City Council
The Mayor and City Council provide strong leadership for Crystal Lake by envisioning and setting the City’s direction and goals through establishing policies and passing laws in many areas, including:
- matters of finance and budgeting,
- community development and appearance
- legal issues and much more.
The Crystal Lake City Council is comprised of:
- Mayor Aaron Shepley
- Council Member Ellen Brady
- Council Member Ralph Dawson
- Council Member Cathy Ferguson
- Council Member Haig Haleblian
- Council Member Brett Hopkins
- Council Member Cameron Hubbard
The Mayor, City Council Members and City Clerk are elected at large on a non-partisan basis for four year terms, and are paid a nominal salary which they have not voted to increase since 1983.
The City Clerk does not vote on matters before the City Council, but records votes at City Council meetings in addition to other duties.
- City Clerk Nick Kachiroubas
The City Manager is responsible for:
- Daily operations of the City
- All City departments and employees
- Appointed by and reports directly to the Mayo and City Council.
- City Manager Gary Mayerhofer
City Council Meetings
- Held the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 7:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers of City Hall at 100 W. Woodstock Street.
- The meetings are simultaneously broadcast on Comcast Channel 17 and on AT&T U-Verse on Channel 99.
- Meeting DVDs are also available at the Crystal Lake Public Library.
Contact the Mayor, City Council Members and City Clerk
- The Mayor, City Council Members and the City Clerk do not keep regular office hours at City Hall, however, comments or questions are always welcome at 815-356-3700, ext. 4084, or at email@example.com