Crystal Lake Police Department Announces Labor Day "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" Enforcement Results
Statewide Effort from August 21st through September 5th
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 8, 2017
CONTACT: Deputy Chief Derek Hyrkas
100 West Woodstock Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
The Crystal Lake Police Department Announces Labor Day “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” Enforcement Results
The Crystal Lake Police Department participated in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted during the Labor Day Holiday period. Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from August 21 through September 5 in order to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up.
Because of the additional patrols, the Crystal Lake Police Department:
- Conducted traffic stops on an additional 67 motorists for traffic violations
- Issued a total of 51 additional traffic citations which included:
- 14 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
- 30 citations for speeding
- 1 citations for seatbelt violation
- 3 citation for other moving violations and equipment
- 3 citations for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle
In addition, one subject was arrested for No Valid Driver’s License.
Part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” and “Click It or Ticket” campaigns, this traffic enforcement operation was made possible by federal highway safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.